Wednesday, July 8, 2009

BEWARE: Suspicious Characters

Note from Al Bonner to Chris, who shared it with the neighborhood:

From: A. A. BONNER
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 2:48 PM
To: Evans, Chris
Subject: SUSPICIOUS CHARACTERS

CHRIS,

The following info might be appropriate to disseminate to your Watch contacts.

At approximately 1:50pm, 8 July 2009, I observed a car slowly passing my house and then pull in behind some bushes in the drive at 2335 Oberwood Drive across the street. That house has a for sale sign but, is occupied although no one was at home at the time. A black male got out and went to the door so I went outside and he saw me and started back down the steps. I asked him what he was doing and he yelled some excuse that he was looking for a girl who had told him she lived there. There was another black male in the car who got out but then got back in as I approached the vehicle from across the street. They left before I got there and went right on Providence Road.

The male who went to the door was tall, thin and had shoulder length dreadlocks and was not wearing a shirt. The second male was also tall, heavier and wore a long outside white T-shirt.

They were driving an older red Ford Contour sedan and the license was YTS 5608.

I called 911 and gave them the info and an officer came about 2:15pm and I gave him the same info. He checked the door and no entry had been made - I got outside too fast for them to break in if that was their intent. The officer said he was also responding to another alarm "over here" and he was pleased to get the license number.

Before you decide I was reckless to approach them, I am ex-military and have a concealed weapon permit so I was armed.


Hope this helps.

AL

No comments: