Wednesday, March 17, 2010

CRIME NEWS: Report/Update From Nearby Neighborhood

From Chris to the neighborhood:

FYI – remember to lock doors on your cars, and report any suspicious activity to the police… And people who knock on your door asking to come in b/c the are part of "Extreme Makeover” might be fibbing!

===
From: Linda Lee Davis
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:25 AM

reported to me 3/15 ~ A house in the 6200 block of Sellars Court (off Thermal Road) was broken into over the weekend, sometime between Friday night and mid-afternoon Sunday. The back door was kicked in. Televisions and a computer were stolen.

Reported to me 3/17 ~ 1500 block of Redcoat

Just thought I'd let you know that early this morning (about 2AM) I woke up when I heard my husbands Jeep door being slammed. I heard two men talking then saw shadows up around my car in the driveway. Our Jeep is never locked and there is nothing in it (not even a radio anymore) and our other car was locked with the alarm on - they might have tried, but didn't get in. I could only see shadows but saw them cut across the neighbors yard headed toward Wheeler on foot. We called the police who arrived within 3 minutes and they started searching the neighborhood. Just another reminder to keep your vehicles locked or empty of all valuables.


Reported to me 3/17 ~

Two men, one in his 40/50’s and the other in his 20’s knocked on my door. They asked if I'd heard of Extreme Makeover. They were wanting to inspect my home to "preview" for the show and see if there was some work that might interest the show - remodeling work, making certain the eaves were strong, foundation, they flashed two thick notebooks. I thanked them and told them I was not interested. It is my strong belief this is a scam. I did not open the door just spoke through the door with them. My recommendation would be not to allow these people in your home.

If you do encounter these people please call 911 to have them checked out and/or you can call Brian Lutes at 980 297 8446.


Linda Lee Davis
www.stonehaveninfo.com

No comments: